Food. Travel. Recipes.

Sunday 6 November 2011

Jamie's Great Britain

Jamie Oliver, it's fair to say, is my favourite chef. There are so many chefs that I love to watch and love the recipes they do but Jamie Oliver as a whole almost seems like (in a really cheesy way) trying to change the world with his love for food! I absolutely love his travelling cookery programmes, especially Jamie's America. The cookbook for that series is my favourite cookbook, there are so many innovative and different recipes, meals that look difficult but are actually not that hard to prepare, it also has a ton of recipes which are healthy, involve lots of vegetables and just put a spin on a plain and ordinary meal! I used to make a lot of meals from this cookbook when I first started writing my blog, and you can check a couple of them out here, if you're interested.

However, what I wanted to talk about in this post was his new programme, Jamie's Great Britain! He's spent most of his food journey on television travelling around the world but now he's back to Britain to see the best of what restaurants, chefs and different parts of the country have to offer. I absolutely love that in this programme about "British" food, he's acknowledged the huge diversity of cultures in Britain and that it isn't just, as much as I hate to say it like this, white British that have contributed to our food history but people from all different backgrounds, races and cultures. For example, in the latest episode he made what looked like the most amazing lamb shank dish which was inspired by Persian cooks.

What I'm trying to say is, this is a great show and a great watch. Some of the recipes do seem quite difficult but I think with a bit of time and patience would turn out brilliantly. These are a couple of my favourites that I've seen that I'd love to try -

Guinness Lamb Shanks

Kate and Will's Wedding Pie

Here is a little clip from Youtube with Jamie talking about the show -

No comments:

Post a Comment